Friday 25 March 2011

A tune for a beautiful Friday

For some reason Dire Straits are still in the vaguely naff/questionable bracket when it comes to the eighties music revival that's been influencing new bands and upping the sales of vintage vinyl. Maybe it's because of the mullets, maybe it's that they were the first band to have a song shown on the now deeply uncool MTV Europe, maybe it's the prevalence of those dads who still want to be cool who love them. But whatever; I care not: I am declaring my undying love for Dire Straits. The following is a complete tune from beginning to end, the end especially - oh! the piano - and, a gem of ridiculous eighties music video making.


1 comment:

  1. I love Dire Straits! Well, actually, I love almost all 80's music - cheesy, corny, mullets, whatever -- love it ;)!
    G

    ReplyDelete