Wednesday 30 March 2011

Best breakfast in Dublin

It's a lovely colour too. (via Cafe.ie)
We had meetings in town the other morning so breakfasted at what we've now decided is the purveyor of Dublin's most delicious breakfast: Gibson's on Wicklow Street. I had toasted brioche with maple syrup, caramelised banana and the most incredibly lovely thing I've tasted in a long time - cinnamon cream. Sam had blueberry pancakes with maple syrup, also reportedly delicious. I'm not a food writer and I'm not going to try to be, but I will say that if this is the kind of breakfast you're looking for, Gibson's has the best of this kind (that I've tried) in Dublin. It's also pretty reasonable, €6 or so for each giant portion. Neither of us tried the coffee, something I now regret after reading this relatively appreciative article. I'll just have to go back.

If I had foresight I'd have taken this photo before we ate...

No comments:

Post a Comment