Saturday 15 January 2011

The Boss and The Passing Of Time

Now,I was raised on Bruce Springsteen. I was shamelessly belting out his melodies since I can remember. My parent's obsession with him and the endless rotation of his records has led to his music being ingrained in me to this day. I have always been an unashamed lover of Sprinsteen's music,my particular favourites being his breakthrough record Born To Run and it's follow up Darkness On The Edge Of Town. In school my love for The Boss was the subject of much ridicule, his music being derided as cheesy and lame. However in the last few years I have noticed a resurgence of interest and love for Springsteen's music. My peers who once dubbed Born In The U.S.A. "just stupid" now list it among their favourite records and I find them as excited as myself at the recent release of The Promise- a collection of songs that were written between Born To Run and Darkness On The Edge Of Town. I have also noticed a surge in cover versions of Bruce songs being performed by today's leading lights in music. I have included some videos of these for your visual and aural pleasure, so we can all appreciate the love for one of music's all time greats. I know, a lesser man would be bitter,I just feel somewhat vindicated.





No comments:

Post a Comment