Friday 30 September 2011

Rostam Batmanglij


I have been a fan of Vampire Weekend since their debut single way back in 2007. What always captivated me about this band was their ability to make pop music that had almost classical sensibility. It was intelligent music for the masses. Now the secret behind that classical sensibility is out. Rostam Batmanglij, the keyboard player and general multi-instrumentalist of the band, has released a song on his soundcloud page. I found it completely by accident this morning and have been listening to it almost none stop since.

The song is called Wood and has an almost Wes Anderson movie soundtrack feel. A good thing I reckon. So if you do one thing today follow the link at the end of this post. It will lead you to this wonderful song and also to Rotsam's Tumblr which is just charming. It makes me want to tour in the apparently genteel way that he does. Enjoy.

http://rostam.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment